Share it!



share/bookmark

Why Chinese (Mandarin) Is One of the Easiest Languages to Learn - Reason 3


In my earlier articles I discussed how easy Mandarin Chinese is to learn because of its amazingly simple verb conjugations and also how easy it is to express all of their verbs in the past tense.

Now I want to demonstrate how easy Mandarin Chinese is when it comes to expressing verbs in their future tense.

In fact in English it is also quite easy to express verbs in the future tense by simply putting "will" in front of the verb. For example:

I eat

I will eat

Chinese is exactly the same. All one needs to do is put the word "hui" in front of any verb and you have the future tense eg:

I eat

I "hui" eat

In order to keep things simple I have used the English words of course. I think it's easier this way instead of teaching you the words for "I" and "eat". It's not necessary to demonstrate the simple grammar Mandarin Chinese had. Now you may think this is nothing because English is just as easy when it comes to this tense. But when you compare Mandarin Chinese to French, this is a HUGE difference. French changes their verbs when expressing future tense. For example the same verb "to eat" which in French the infinitive is "manger"

Je mange (I eat)

Je mangerai (I will eat)

So although Chinese is just as easy as English when it comes to expressing future tense, one must not forget that many languages are very complex when it comes to expressing verbs in a future tense. I again use French to compare because I spent 10 years learning French at school only to be able to barely survive while on holiday in france once, whereas after 2 years of learning Mandarin Chinese as a hobby I was already having basic conversations with native speakers (much to my own surprise!)

In my next article I will demonstrate how easy Mandarin Chinese is when it comes to learning new words and vocabulary.




The Author started learning Mandarin Chinese over 5 years ago, and was amazed at how easy this language was despite what he had heard. He now lives in China in order to perfect his language ability in hopes of becoming a professional freelance translator/interpreter one day. He has created a Learn Chinese Online blog to help others with this language. He also enjoys tinkering with other website's like Smooth Move Tea site.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Share