Share it!



share/bookmark

Learn to Speak Chinese - Why Everyone I Know is Learning Chinese


I was at a birthday party the other evening and I was talking to a lady at my table named Sue. I noted that she was very intelligent with vibrant conversational skills. What a fun person to talk to. I thought this was wonderful for a person in her mid-70's.

Sue asked me, "Are you learning Chinese?" I said, "No, I am not learning it. Why do you ask?" She said, "Everyone I know is learning Chinese." She then asked me what courses in Chinese we had. I told her that we sold Pimsleur Chinese Mandarin Courses and Pimsleur Cantonese Courses. She wanted to know which was more popular Cantonese or Mandarin.

I said to her, "Why are all of your friends learning Chinese?" She had several friends going to Beijing on a trip, another going to Shanghai to see friends, and another one going to Hong Kong and then to Guizhou. All of these friends were trying to learn some Chinese so they could talk to people in China. This was impressive to think about all of these, probably older, people learning it.

I was in China a year ago and found it to be a fascinating place. I went through a candy factory that was just immaculate. I watched the workers decorate candy eggs, rabbits, and just about any kind of candy you can think of. The people that worked at the facility lived in apartments owned and supplied by the owners of the company. They signed contracts each year and were given their jobs, food and living quarters. The contracts were for a year at a time.

They made all kinds of candy with intricate details. It was like watching an artist paint to see them decorate the candies. From my hotel room I could see large cranes as far as the eye could see all putting up tall buildings. I found that China leases the majority of cranes in the world. They are a country on the move and very industrious.

Shanghai has some of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen. They have a bullet train that goes up to 250 miles per hour. I talked to a couple from Israel that has lived there for many years and just loves it. I asked them when they would move back home and they told me that they were not sure that they would ever move back. They loved living in Shanghai and had a very nice life style.

As I think about it and the experiences I had in China I can see why so many people are learning Chinese.




See a list of discounted Pimsleur courses, including Pimsleur Chinese [http://www.pimsleurmethod.com/chinese.html?u=3&cp=article-everyone-i-know-is-learning-chinese-pimsleur-chinese&site=ezinearticles], at PimsleurMethod.com Pimsleur languages courses are a great way to learn on the go. Are you ready to really learn a new language? Try Pimsleur.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Share